Last Monday, we were at the Keukenhof. WON-DER-FUL!!!
It was a wonderful experience, helped by a sunny day. Do not forget you can only visit it for short periods each year and that in 2011 you can only do it until May 20th. We already have in our calendar next year's Flower Parade: 24th April 2012!!!
We leave you some beautiful photos and some advice when bringing babies or kids:
- buy the tickets in advance at www.keukenhof.nl, to avoid the lines;
- the Combi ticket allows you to take a bus from Schiphol (nr. 58), for instance, directly to the Keukenhof (20/30 minutes trip);
- baby prams are allowed in the bus and in the gardens (bikes don't);
- the organization team leaves you a place for the pram on the back door;
- the park is full of Food and Beverage selling points, though you may bring your own picnic;
- lots of benches to rest and WC facilities.
Beyond the millions of beautiful flowers, there is also de Miffy (Nijntje) Playground and a little farm, open for kids in the morning. They can really feel the animals, with parents help (be careful...).
Sheep, rabbits, turkeys and many more. You must see the joy of the children when they get in the farm. Yet, one should be very careful, for some animals may be less open to human contact. Just take a look at our video...
A joyful experience we are definitely repeating next year. Plan it with time, in order to get the most of it.